Updated on July 25, 2022 |
July 26, 2022
Camping is a common activity for many families in the summertime! But camping is for relaxation – not worrying about what meal comes next or what you’re going to make.
Lucky for you, we have it all planned for you! Take a look at our camping meal plan before hitting those trails. From breakfast to dessert… Casey's has you covered!
Banana Bread Pancakes
This easy recipe is real treat for the morning!
Whip up the dry mix at home, then at camp, simply add the milk, eggs, and bananas. You won’t believe this is breakfast because it tastes just like dessert!
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Maple syrup (optional)
- At home, add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt into a sealable bag or container and pack with you to take on your trip.
- At camp, place 2 bananas in a bowl. Mash until fairly smooth. Crack eggs into the mixture and add in milk. Beat the banana, egg, and milk together until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix well until combined with the wet ingredients.
- Heat iron skillet and add a dab of butter. Pour batter into the skillet and cook for a few minutes until the top begins to bubble. Flip the pancake and cook until the other side is golden.
- Stack the pancakes and pour maple syrup. Enjoy!
Pro-tip: Dishes? Nah! Stock up on all of our handy paper essentials for an even easier camping meal!
Avocado Toast Breakfast Sandwich
Put a spin on the usual eggs and bacon and create this sandwich with avocado, bacon, toast, and a fried egg. Plus, you can make it with just a single skillet over the campfire.
Plan a Casey’s pickup order and get the bread and eggs on the way out of town!
- Fry up bacon in your skillet, then use the bacon grease to toast your bread slices.
- Next, cook your egg in the skillet as preferred.
- Meanwhile, spread avocado over the toast. Add eggs once cooked.
Lunch & Dinner
Comfort food perfection! All you need for this delicious meal is a small bags of chips and toppings of your choosing.
The best news? This dinner option is best eaten out of the bag, so that means easy cleanup!
- Brown hamburger, adding taco seasoning and/or chili powder as desired.
- Slightly open a bag of tortilla chips or nacho chips. Holding the top closed with your hand, crush the bag in order to break up the chips. Finish opening the bag.
- Then, simply layer the toppings of your choosing in the bag on top of the chips. Some favorites include lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, onions, sour cream, and salsa.
This is one of our all-time summer favorites! It's the perfect campfire meal that is quick to prepare and can be cooked directly over a campfire.
- Set out your meat of choice (we recommend ground beef or turkey), as well as your favorite vegetables such as corn, green beans, and cherry tomatoes. If desired, cut up your veggies.
- Add the meat and vegetables to aluminum foil, wrap up your concoction, and place it on the grate above your fire.
- Wait approximately 40 minutes, checking to make sure the meat is cooked all the way through.
- Let cool slightly, top with cheese, ketchup, or other condiments. Then, enjoy!
Pro-tip: Mark each person's foil bundle with a sharpie. Add your signature or create a unique drawing to easily spot your own once it's time to eat!
Cast Iron Brats with Onions & Peppers
Brats are a usual campout craving… but this time, take an old favorite and step it up a notch!
Simply sauté onions and peppers in a skillet with a couple of brats. Serve in a bun and dinner is ready to go.
Feeling fancy? If you want to really impress, try out pretzel buns!
Best-Ever Original S'mores
Sometimes you just can’t beat an original S’more!
Just grab the classic 3 ingredients: graham crackers, marshmallows, and Hershey’s chocolate bars. Or, mix it up and experiment with fun toppings like caramel, sliced fruit, or other types of chocolates (Reese's anyone?!).
BONUS! You can also bring the campfire memories to your cup before you even hit the road with our limited-time S’mores Coffee, a delectable drink that combines caffeine and dessert simultaneously. Enjoy in a variety of different ways: iced, hot, or hot chocolate!
Check out our favorite Summer Iced Coffee Creations!
Making popcorn over the fire can be just as easy as making it on the stove! Add your favorite seasonings and enjoy under the stars outside.
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt to taste
- Toss popcorn kernels and vegetable oil in a pie tin. Cover tightly with foil, doming the top to leave enough room for kernels to pop.
- Place on top of the fire. Using tongs, gently shake pie tin until popping stops.
- Let cool slightly. Then, season with garlic powder and salt.
Peanut Butter Protein Balls
All the flavor of a chocolate chip cookie, except healthier!
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup honey
- Combine all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Roll into balls.
- Store leftovers in the fridge, in a covered container, up to several days.
Ranch Oyster Crackers
A crunchy snack option to make ahead and take with, these jazzed up oyster crackers are delectable!
- 2 tbsp. Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- 2 1/2 tbsp. freshly chopped dill
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 16-ounce box oyster crackers
- Preheat your oven to 250 Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, add oil, ranch seasoning, dill, and garlic powder. Stir until mixed through.
- In a 1-gallon bag, add the crackers and oil mixture. Seal the bag and toss until well-coated.
- Spread the crackers on an ungreased half-sheet pan in a single layer. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
Another crunchy favorite: corn cereal covered in chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. This makes for a delicious camping snack!
What’s even better…there's no need to bake, these tasty treats are available at Casey’s!
ORDER CASEY'S CHOW
TIME TO CAMP!
Now all your camping meals are planned out! Make sure to order all your essentials online or pick them up in your local store.
ORDER CAMPING ESSENTIALS